Distinguished Alumni Award Criteria and Selection Process
- Awardees must be graduates of Ivy Tech Community College, having received an Associate Degree, Technical Certificate, or Certificate.
- Awardees must have made significant contributions to their community through professional, philanthropic, or voluntary action.
- Nominations will be accepted from alumni, Ivy Tech staff, and community members. Alumni may self-nominate if so desired.
Expectations of Awardees:
- Each awardee will be expected to attend the awards ceremony in December in Indianapolis to accept their award, except in extraordinary circumstances. If travel expenses inhibit an awardee from attending, the Foundation office may be able to assist with expenses.
- Awardees are expected to submit a high-resolution headshot and to participate in a short informational interview with Foundation staff, to aid in the promotion of the Ivy Tech Distinguished Alumni Awards.
- In the year following the awards ceremony, Distinguished Alumni may be invited by their local campus to be recognized at commencement, attend college events as a VIP, or to be celebrated as an ambassador of the college.
- No more than one awardee will be selected from each of Ivy Tech Community College's 19 campuses.
- Only complete nomination forms will be considered.
- Nominations are accepted year-round.
- Nominations are reviewed annually in April.
- Awardees will be notified by mail in May.
- The awardees will be honored at the Distinguished Alumni Awards in December in Indianapolis.